A year ago the snow universe lost its queen, Sarah Burke. The past year has hopefully brought healing to the broken hearts of all she left behind. We have had a million different perspectives and opportunities to get a glimpse of what an amazing person she was because her legacy is just that big. For all the reasons there are to #celebratesarah we have double the reasons to acutely feel the loss of someone so awesome and so alive.
Here’s a few ways you can #celebratesarah and her legacy (and probably have so much fun doing it – would she want it any other way?)
- Fight for what you believe in and never give up.
- Show up to on-mountain comps in time to see the girls compete.
- Share the things you find joy in so others may be inspired. See this and and this and this for examples of what I mean.
- Scare someone. And make sure you tape it.
- Treat everyone like you would your best friend. And when you are getting pictures taken with these people, pull that beautiful face of your’s into a silly grin.
- Dance your ass off. Then do vodka shots.
- Next time you see a girl drop into the pipe or hit something in the park give her an encouraging holler.
- Smile like you mean it.
- Laugh. And then smile some more.
- Love hard.
Sarah’s families and friends have asked that in remembrance we get #celebratesarah trending on Twitter so tweets your thoughts and remembrances to show the world Sarah Burke Was Awesome and we will always Celebrate Sarah. Read Sarah Was Celebrated, a post written after the last April’s tribute.