Film & Writing Panel Discussion October 14
Ever wondered how certain photographers and flimmakers make such an impact at the WSSF’s Filmmakers and Pro Photographer Showdowns? Have you contemplated what makes the judges choose the winning entry? What aspects of the shows make the audience laugh, holler, hoot, and scream? And how you could possibly get on the stage at next years event? Well here’s another local event that might be able to point you in the right direction…
For the first time in history the Whistler Readers and Writers Festival presents, the “Film and Writing” panel discussion. This is your chance to ask past winners of the WSSF’s Filmmakers and Pro Photographers Showdown’s how they engage the audience. Through differing mediums how do they create compelling stories that viewers connect with? What does the writing process have to do with it and what role does it take? You will also get the chance to pitch your film/TV idea to the panel and get feedback from the experts.
Introducing your speakers:
- Robin O’Neill: 2012 winner of the Pro-Photo Showdown
- Jordan Manley: 2009 winner of the Pro-Photo Showdown
- Rebeeca Wood Barrett: Three-time finalist of WSSF’s 72-Hour Filmmakers Showdown and 2012 winner of the Audience Choice Award
- Leslie Anthony: Aka “Mr Festival” is a five-time Filmmaker Showdown finalist, and has hosted and judged at both events for over a decade
- Nicolas Teichrob: Dendrite Studio’s Nicolas Teichrob has submitted many films to the WSSF including “Parallels” which was a finalist for the 2011 Intersection awards
- Darcy Turenne: Presenter of this years “Deep Summer” competition Darcey is herself an award-winning filmmaker
- Nicole Fitzgerald: Shaw TV’s Nicole Fitzgerlad has covered the WSSF evey year, interviewing the competitors and creating her own stories out of the event
- Mike Douglas: Although he won’t be able to make it in person Switchback Entertainment’s Mike Douglas will be sending some words of wisdom for those budding filmmakers via moderator Leslie Anthony.
The panel discussion takes place at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler on Sunday, October 14, 1 – 2:30pm, tickets are only $15 and you can pay on the door or pre-order online here.